General Warranty Terms
DVDO, Inc., (DVDO), offers a limited warranty for its DVDO products. Any product first sold to you is guaranteed to be free from defects in both components and workmanship under regular uses. The warranty period commences on the date the item ships.
Attention: Your invoice with the date of purchase, model number and serial number of the product is your proof of the date of purchase.
The International Limited Warranty is applicable and shall be honored in every country where DVDO or its Authorized Service Providers offer warranty service subject to the terms and conditions provided in this International Limited Warranty Statement.
DVDO Products Warranty Term
|The warranty terms for DVDO products are:||USA & Asia||EU & UK|
|1 Year||2 Years|
During the warranty period, the defective hardware of DVDO products will be either repaired or replaced, with new or like new products, at the discretion of DVDO except in the cases listed in the Limitation of Liability Clause of this document
This International Limited Warranty covers the costs of service parts and labor required to restore your product to fully functional condition. DVDO will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective products or parts thereof covered by this International Limited warranty with refurbished parts of the product that are equivalent to new or like new products in both functionality and performance. A product or part that is repaired or replaced under this International Limited Warranty shall be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period applying to the product or part, or for 90-days, whichever expires last. All exchanged parts and products under this International Limited Warranty will become the property of DVDO.
DVDO offers no warranty of any kind for any pre-installed software, its quality, performance, functionality, or compatibility for a particular purpose. Nor does DVDO warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet specific requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error-free. Thus, the software is sold ‘as is” unless otherwise explicitly stated in writing.
Obtaining the Warranty Service
Warranty service or Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) under this International Limited Warranty will be honored only if claims are made within the warranty period. For notifications to DVDO or products outside the warranty period, the process will be the same, but charges may apply. The RMA request can be made to email@example.com. Customers are requested to perform the following actions before claiming DVDO product as defective:
- Owner must notify DVDO, during the warranty period, in writing of alleged defect, and allow DVDO a reasonable opportunity to inspect the allegedly defective product;
- No Product may be returned without DVDO’s consent, The DVDO RMA# must accompany all returns, and all returns must be delivered to DVDO within the warranty period;
- Owner may, then at its own expense, return the allegedly defective Product, freight pre-paid and in the original packaging, accompanied by a brief statement explaining the alleged defect to DVDO;
- If DVDO determines that any returned Product is not defective, or if DVDO determines that the defect is not covered by the warranty, DVDO will return the Product to the Owner at Owner’s expense, freight collect, and Owner agrees to pay DVDO’s reasonable cost of handling and testing;
- Upon determining that a returned product is defective, to receive warranty service Owner will need to present the invoice showing the original purchase transaction. If shipping the product, Owner will need to package it carefully and send it, transportation prepaid by a traceable, insured method, to the DVDO Service Center. Package the product using adequate padding material to prevent damage in transit. The original container is ideal for this purpose. Include the RMA#, your name, return shipping address, email address and telephone number where you may be reached during business hours, inside the shipping package with the unit. Any replacement unit will be warranted under these Terms and Conditions for the remainder of the original warranty period or ninety (90) days whichever is longer.
Refer to the user manual and/or information on http://www.dvdo.com for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot the product.
Warranty may be valid when a DVDO product is purchased in one country and transferred to another country, without voiding the warranty. Please be advised that service availability and response time may vary from country to country. Warranty is transferrable within the warranty period.
DVDO is not responsible for any export and import control issues, handling fees, tariffs, import duties, and all other related fees where owner is responsible for shipping its products. This International Limited warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Limitation of Liability
DVDO reserves the right to refuse warranty service of products under disputable conditions. DVDO also holds the rights to declare final decision whether products are within warranty conditions. The following actions and damages will result in voiding the limited warranty:
- Damage caused by act of nature, such as fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning, etc.
- Damage or incompatibility caused by failure to perform a proper installation or to provide an appropriate operational environment for the product, including but not limited to unstable wired/ wireless network connection and phone lines, bad grounding, external electro-magnetic fields, direct sunlight, high humidity and vibration.
- Damage caused by impact with other objects, dropping, falls, spilled liquids, or submersion in liquids.
- Damage caused by unauthorized repair or disassembling of the product.
- Damage caused by any other abuse, misuse, mishandling, or misapplication.
- Damage caused by third party peripherals (including but not limited to visible damages on motherboard or other electronic parts of the product such as burn spots after electric discharge, melting, fusing, splitting, etc.)
- Any unauthorized software or modification of built-in software not approved by DVDO.
- The serial number of the product (or serial number stickers of its parts) has been modified, removed, blurred or damaged.
- Defects caused by transportation, handling or customer abuse.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES ON DVDO’S PART, AND IT NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PARTY TO ASSUME FOR DVDO ANY OTHER LIABILITIES. THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR THE FURNISHING OF DEFECTIVE OR NONCONFORMING PRODUCTS AND DVDO WILL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR COST OF SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT, COST OF FACILITIES OR SERVICE, DOWNTIME COSTS, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES OR GOODWILL, RELIANCE DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE IF OR DAMAGE TO ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BY REASON OF THE FACT THAT SUCH PRODUCTS WILL HAVE BEEN DETERMINED TO BE DEFECTIVE OR NONCONFORMING.
THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT BE GOVERENED BY THE PROVISIONS OF THE 1980 U.S. CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS OR THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LIMITATION PERIOD IN THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS, AS AMENDED (COLLECTIVELY, THE “CONVENTIONS”); RATHER, THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THEPARTIES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE SATE OF CALIFORNIA, INCLUDING ITS PROVISIONS OF THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE, AS APPLICABLE. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, THE CONVENTIONS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that may vary from state to state or from country to country. You are advised to consult applicable state or country laws for full determination of your rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long a warranty lasts, so the above exclusion and limitations may not apply to everyone